Movie studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, or MGM, is officially for sale, Variety reports. The studio announced Friday that the MGM debtholders would extend forbearance on debt payments until Jan. 31, and that MGM was “beginning a process to explore various strategic alternatives including operating as a standalone entity, forming strategic partnerships, and evaluating a potential sale of the company.” MGM has a library of at least 4,000 titles, and it owns the rights to the James Bond franchise.
Posted November 13 2009 — 9:19 PM EST
- 'Guilt' canceled by Freeform after one season
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will DeLuca and Maggie ever reunite?
- Watch Lady Gaga dedicate emotional Dive Bar Tour set to her father
- Trump booed at charity dinner while cracking Clinton jokes
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' reveals Michaela's mom
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss, Liza Weil on that shocking hookup
- Carol Burnett to star in Amy Poehler-produced ABC comedy pilot