Movie studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, or MGM, is officially for sale, Variety reports. The studio announced Friday that the MGM debtholders would extend forbearance on debt payments until Jan. 31, and that MGM was “beginning a process to explore various strategic alternatives including operating as a standalone entity, forming strategic partnerships, and evaluating a potential sale of the company.” MGM has a library of at least 4,000 titles, and it owns the rights to the James Bond franchise.
Posted November 13 2009 — 9:19 PM EST
- Caitlyn Jenner explains how her views on marriage equality have evolved
- Ed Burns was super nervous his first day working with Tom Hanks on 'Saving Private Ryan'
- Blue Ivy dedicates Disney favorite to mom Beyoncé on her birthday
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Murder,' 'Scandal' and more
- The music we loved this week
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Samwell Tarly's brother
- Idris Elba prepares child soldiers for war in 'Beasts of No Nation' trailer
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!