Movie studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, or MGM, is officially for sale, Variety reports. The studio announced Friday that the MGM debtholders would extend forbearance on debt payments until Jan. 31, and that MGM was “beginning a process to explore various strategic alternatives including operating as a standalone entity, forming strategic partnerships, and evaluating a potential sale of the company.” MGM has a library of at least 4,000 titles, and it owns the rights to the James Bond franchise.
Posted November 13 2009 — 9:19 PM EST
- The EW Guide to Music Festival Season 2015
- Marc Cuban, Ann Coulter join ‘Sharknado 3’ as president and VP
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Season 7 trailer: Bethenny's back
- Let us now mourn Jared Leto's man bun (Update)
- 'Orange Is the New Black' return date
- 'Game of Thrones' fave Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- George Takei salutes Leonard Nimoy: 'the most human person I've ever met'