Movie studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, or MGM, is officially for sale, Variety reports. The studio announced Friday that the MGM debtholders would extend forbearance on debt payments until Jan. 31, and that MGM was “beginning a process to explore various strategic alternatives including operating as a standalone entity, forming strategic partnerships, and evaluating a potential sale of the company.” MGM has a library of at least 4,000 titles, and it owns the rights to the James Bond franchise.
Posted November 13 2009 — 9:19 PM EST
- Barb from 'Stranger Things' to join Archie reboot 'Riverdale'
- Jimmy Eat World share soaring new rock song, 'Sure and Certain'
- 'Arrow': Thea makes date plans in exclusive season 4 deleted scene
- 'Warcraft' director is 'equally proud and furious' about the film
- Apollonia makes surprise appearance at 'Purple Rain' screening
- Anne Hathaway to star in Jenny Mollen’s 'Live Fast Die Hot'
- Rick Perry's 'Dancing With the Stars' run to help veterans