Edis Kayalar, 26, who tried to blackmail supermodel Cindy Crawford for $100,000 walked into a German police station and turned himself in, authorities there told the Associated Press. He’s charged with one count of extortion in the United States and could face up to two years in prison if convicted. Kayalar is accused of threatening to release a photo of Crawford’s daughter bound to a chair and gagged at age 7, which the girl says a former nanny took as part of a “cops and robbers” game. Kayalar is set to appear before a judge today.
Posted November 17 2009 — 8:22 AM EST
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big