The Producers Guild of America announced today that Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire will receive its Stanley Kramer prize next year. The special award recognizes a film that “illuminates provocative social issues in an accessible and elevating fashion.” Last year’s Kramer award winner was Milk, which also earned best picture nominations from the PGA and the Academy. In two weeks of limited release, Precious has already grossed an amazing $8.7 million.
Posted November 18 2009 — 3:55 PM EST
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- Get a sneak peek at this week's 'RWBY': Exclusive clip
- 'Return of the Living Dead' star Don Calfa dies at 76
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big