Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth star as Gomez and Morticia in The Addams Family, a new musical about the famously creepy family (now in Chicago until Jan. 10, then opening on Broadway April 8.) To develop his own take on the character of Gomez (famously played by Raul Julia in the 90s movies and John Astin in the 60s TV show), Lane dissected clues provided by the show’s script, which is based on the original New Yorker cartoons penned by Charles Addams. “[Gomez] obviously has family money, and he doesn’t have to work. So he has time for things like the tango and sword fighting. He’s around the house 24 hours a day, so he has time for everyone and their problems,” says the actor. “He’s sort of the very kinky version of Ozzie Nelson.”
Posted November 20 2009 — 4:36 PM EST
- Watch Lady Gaga rock through 'A-YO,' 'Million Reasons' on 'SNL'
- 'Man With a Plan': Matt LeBlanc on his 'bananas' new show
- 'SNL' sketch turns an innocent Halloween into a wild and crazy night
- 'SNL': Tom Hanks plays 'Black Jeopardy' as a Donald Trump supporter
- Leslie Jones talks website hack on 'SNL' Weekend Update
- Moby reflects on the iPod 15 years later: 'It felt like magic'
- Taylor Swift sings Calvin Harris' 'This Is What You Came For'