Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth star as Gomez and Morticia in The Addams Family, a new musical about the famously creepy family (now in Chicago until Jan. 10, then opening on Broadway April 8.) To develop his own take on the character of Gomez (famously played by Raul Julia in the 90s movies and John Astin in the 60s TV show), Lane dissected clues provided by the show’s script, which is based on the original New Yorker cartoons penned by Charles Addams. “[Gomez] obviously has family money, and he doesn’t have to work. So he has time for things like the tango and sword fighting. He’s around the house 24 hours a day, so he has time for everyone and their problems,” says the actor. “He’s sort of the very kinky version of Ozzie Nelson.”
Posted November 20 2009 — 4:36 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt