Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth star as Gomez and Morticia in The Addams Family, a new musical about the famously creepy family (now in Chicago until Jan. 10, then opening on Broadway April 8.) To develop his own take on the character of Gomez (famously played by Raul Julia in the 90s movies and John Astin in the 60s TV show), Lane dissected clues provided by the show’s script, which is based on the original New Yorker cartoons penned by Charles Addams. “[Gomez] obviously has family money, and he doesn’t have to work. So he has time for things like the tango and sword fighting. He’s around the house 24 hours a day, so he has time for everyone and their problems,” says the actor. “He’s sort of the very kinky version of Ozzie Nelson.”
Posted November 20 2009 — 4:36 PM EST
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'