Regis Philbin announced today on Live with Regis and Kelly that he will take a leave of absence from the show to recover from hip replacement surgery he’s undergoing Dec. 1. A Regis & Kelly rep tells EW the 78-year-old host plans to return to the show after the four-to-six week recovery period that is standard for this type of medical procedure.
Posted November 23 2009 — 6:13 PM EST
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child' script due out this summer
- Grammys 2016: Secret Ballot
- 'The Walking Dead' returns with 6 exclusive EW collector's covers
- See 'Walking Dead' actor Josh McDermitt in the first trailer for 'Life in Color'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See 'Frozen' fan-favorite Olaf on 'Sofia the FIrst'
- Telltale Games' 'The Walking Dead: Michonne' sets release date
- Amazon orders four seasons of 'Thunderbirds Are Go' with Rosamund Pike