This brave documentary takes on the topic of anti-Semitism in a relentlessly probing and original way. The director of Defamation, Yoav Shamir, is an Israeli who has grown disillusioned with the way his country’s fixation on the Holocaust has, in his view, devolved from a moral necessity into a corrosive ideology of fear. Shamir intercuts teens from Israel on a field trip to Auschwitz; a complexly skeptical look at Abe Foxman, head of America’s Anti-Defamation League; and a portrait of the ire faced by authors like Norman Finkelstein, who claims that anti-Semitism is now exaggerated by its victims. A-
NEVER FORGET Israeli high school students outside Auschwitz in Defamation
Genre: Documentary; Director: Yoav Shamir; Author: Yoav Shamir; Release Date Limited: 11/04/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 24 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!