This brave documentary takes on the topic of anti-Semitism in a relentlessly probing and original way. The director of Defamation, Yoav Shamir, is an Israeli who has grown disillusioned with the way his country’s fixation on the Holocaust has, in his view, devolved from a moral necessity into a corrosive ideology of fear. Shamir intercuts teens from Israel on a field trip to Auschwitz; a complexly skeptical look at Abe Foxman, head of America’s Anti-Defamation League; and a portrait of the ire faced by authors like Norman Finkelstein, who claims that anti-Semitism is now exaggerated by its victims. A-
NEVER FORGET Israeli high school students outside Auschwitz in Defamation
Genre: Documentary; Director: Yoav Shamir; Author: Yoav Shamir; Release Date Limited: 11/04/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 24 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the new trailer for Bryan Cranston's 'Trumbo'
- Joanna Newsom announces North American leg of 'Divers' tour
- Young Uhtred storms into battle in 'The Last Kingdom' first-look clip
- Mastermind behind Slaughterhouse 90210 reveals how she turned her blog into a book
- New ‘interview’ introduces Lex Luthor Jr. from 'Batman v Superman'
- Paul McCartney drops surprise remix of Michael Jackson 'Say Say Say'
- 'Big' child actor revisits famous scene in Kickstarter promo