Director Noah Buschel’s melancholic neo-modern yarn about a hard-drinking private eye (Revolutionary Road’s? Michael Shannon) tracking a man reported missing is overly fussy and self-conscious in its noir details. But in The Missing Person, Buschel makes striking use of the Mike Hammer/Philip Marlowe tradition to tell a story of disorientation and loss in a post-9/11 world where the Twin Towers can go missing too. As Shannon mumbles interestingly into a whiskey glass, he’s abetted by a cool, theater-wise cast that includes Amy Ryan, Linda Emond, and Margaret Colin. B
YOUR HEARTBEAT SOUNDS IRREGULAR Michael Shannon practices rudimentary surveillance in The Missing Person
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Amy Ryan, Michael Shannon, Linda Emond, Margaret Colin; Director: Noah Buschel; Author: Noah Buschel; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted November 24 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!