Director Noah Buschel’s melancholic neo-modern yarn about a hard-drinking private eye (Revolutionary Road’s? Michael Shannon) tracking a man reported missing is overly fussy and self-conscious in its noir details. But in The Missing Person, Buschel makes striking use of the Mike Hammer/Philip Marlowe tradition to tell a story of disorientation and loss in a post-9/11 world where the Twin Towers can go missing too. As Shannon mumbles interestingly into a whiskey glass, he’s abetted by a cool, theater-wise cast that includes Amy Ryan, Linda Emond, and Margaret Colin. B
YOUR HEARTBEAT SOUNDS IRREGULAR Michael Shannon practices rudimentary surveillance in The Missing Person
Genre: Comedy, Drama; Starring: Amy Ryan, Michael Shannon, Linda Emond, Margaret Colin; Director: Noah Buschel; Author: Noah Buschel; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Strand Releasing
Posted November 24 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Neil deGrasse Tyson hosts 'The Martian' promo
- 6 new things we know about Janet Jackson's 'Unbreakable'
- Tom Hardy demonstrates his lip sync skills with Dubsmash
- Jon Hamm in talks to star in sci-fi drama 'Marjorie Prime'
- Can you name these VMA nominees based on just one photo?
- Adele's new album may have its release date
- See Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer dance on Billy Joel's piano
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!