The folks at the MPAA must have been snoozing when Ninja Assassin came up for its rating. Because this slick slice of martial-arts mayhem from the producers of The Matrix is awash in blood. It spurts and sprays in geysers. And it never lets up. There’s a brutal (and admittedly very cool) fight scene every five minutes. What story there is revolves around a ninja (Korean pop star Rain) who teams with a sassy Europol agent (Naomie Harris) to get payback on the clan who trained him to be a heartless assassin. But let’s be honest, killing is this film’s business…and business is good. B
HE'S GOING TO DO SOMETHING, AND YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE GOOD Rain stretches before exercising in Ninja Assassin (Juliana Malucelli)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Naomie Harris, Sung Kang, Ben Miles; Director: James McTeigue; Author: J. Michael Straczynski; Release Date Wide: 11/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R
Posted November 24 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meryl Streep in talks to join Emily Blunt in 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- 'Law & Order: SVU' books VP Joe Biden
- 'Jason Bourne' franchise gets the Honest Trailers treatment
- 'Justice League' star to make cameo in 'Suicide Squad'
- WATCH: Kelsea Ballerini covers Britney Spears on 'Greatest Hits'
- Matt Damon on 'Project Greenlight': 'We don't want to give up on it'
- Gwen Stefani brings bullied fan on stage during concert