The folks at the MPAA must have been snoozing when Ninja Assassin came up for its rating. Because this slick slice of martial-arts mayhem from the producers of The Matrix is awash in blood. It spurts and sprays in geysers. And it never lets up. There’s a brutal (and admittedly very cool) fight scene every five minutes. What story there is revolves around a ninja (Korean pop star Rain) who teams with a sassy Europol agent (Naomie Harris) to get payback on the clan who trained him to be a heartless assassin. But let’s be honest, killing is this film’s business…and business is good. B
HE'S GOING TO DO SOMETHING, AND YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE GOOD Rain stretches before exercising in Ninja Assassin (Juliana Malucelli)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Naomie Harris, Sung Kang, Ben Miles; Director: James McTeigue; Author: J. Michael Straczynski; Release Date Wide: 11/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R
Posted November 24 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Benedict Cumberbatch imitate otters with Johnny Depp
- Liam Hemsworth reveals Chris Hemsworth paid off their parents' debts
- J.K. Rowling feared second 'Harry Potter' couldn't live up to the first
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'