The folks at the MPAA must have been snoozing when Ninja Assassin came up for its rating. Because this slick slice of martial-arts mayhem from the producers of The Matrix is awash in blood. It spurts and sprays in geysers. And it never lets up. There’s a brutal (and admittedly very cool) fight scene every five minutes. What story there is revolves around a ninja (Korean pop star Rain) who teams with a sassy Europol agent (Naomie Harris) to get payback on the clan who trained him to be a heartless assassin. But let’s be honest, killing is this film’s business…and business is good. B
HE'S GOING TO DO SOMETHING, AND YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE GOOD Rain stretches before exercising in Ninja Assassin (Juliana Malucelli)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Naomie Harris, Sung Kang, Ben Miles; Director: James McTeigue; Author: J. Michael Straczynski; Release Date Wide: 11/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R
Posted November 24 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'