Tyler Perry, the successful mutli-hyphenate behind such movie hits as Madea Goes To Jail and TV series like House of Payne, has made a $1 million donation to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, according to the AP. Perry’s gift is reportedly the biggest donation from a single individual that the NAACP has ever received. Perry said he was moved to make the donation in part to honor the NAACP’s 100th anniversary.
Posted November 24 2009 — 9:08 PM EST
- Emma Stone leads a very bad theatre showcase in 'SNL' sketch
- 'SNL' and Emma Stone give Christmas candles a holiday theme song
- 'Saturday Night Live' searches for Hillary Clinton in the woods
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big