After briefly slipping out of first place on Thanksgiving, The Twilight Saga: New Moon rose again on Friday with $17.9 million, bringing its total to $206.1 million. After just eight days in theaters, the sequel has already surpassed the $192.8 million earned last year by its predecessor during its entire theatrical run. Meanwhile, Sandra Bullock’s week-old football drama The Blind Side had its best day yet on Friday, raking in $16.2 million for a $76.3 million total. That beats the pace of Bullock’s summer hit The Proposal, which had only made $56.7 million of its eventual $164 million haul by its eighth day. Check back tomorrow for a full recap of the weekend box office.
Posted November 28 2009 — 5:41 PM EST
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big