Kelsey Grammer will turn from the tube to the stage, as he has signed on to star in the Broadway musical La Cage Aux Folles, the show’s producers announced today. While Grammer has previously appeared on Broadway in Othello and Macbeth, La Cage Aux Folles represents his Broadway musical debut. He’ll play the role of Georges, the owner and emcee of a nightclub where his partner, Albin (Douglas Hodge), is the drag queen star. The show, which is based on the critically acclaimed production that’s currently running in London with Hodge, opens April 18, 2010 at the Longacre Theatre.
Posted November 30 2009 — 5:07 PM EST
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big