Tomorrow marks the publication of Beautiful Creatures, a young adult novel from Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl that centers on a mortal high school boy living in Gatlin, South Carolina and his love for a very strange girl with some mysterious powers. Her name is Lena Duchannes and she’s trying her best to conceal her powers. Sound intriguing? Well the publishing world has been very kind to Beautiful Creatures with glowing advance reviews. (Little, Brown, the publishers behind Twilight are behind this book.) Hollywood has also been interested in it for some time and the book’s rights have just been optioned by Warner Bros. for writer/director Richard LaGravenese (P.S. I Love You, Freedom Writers) to develop. Erwin Stoff (The Blind Side) is producing. The book doesn’t go on sale until tomorrow but Amazon and other booksellers have been offering pre-sales on it for some time. Here is the link to the book’s home page and its own trailer. (Who knew books had trailers?) So tell us readers, have you heard of this tale? Does it interest you?
Posted January 18 2015 — 1:29 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: ‘not perfect,' 'determined’
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A