Tomorrow marks the publication of Beautiful Creatures, a young adult novel from Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl that centers on a mortal high school boy living in Gatlin, South Carolina and his love for a very strange girl with some mysterious powers. Her name is Lena Duchannes and she’s trying her best to conceal her powers. Sound intriguing? Well the publishing world has been very kind to Beautiful Creatures with glowing advance reviews. (Little, Brown, the publishers behind Twilight are behind this book.) Hollywood has also been interested in it for some time and the book’s rights have just been optioned by Warner Bros. for writer/director Richard LaGravenese (P.S. I Love You, Freedom Writers) to develop. Erwin Stoff (The Blind Side) is producing. The book doesn’t go on sale until tomorrow but Amazon and other booksellers have been offering pre-sales on it for some time. Here is the link to the book’s home page and its own trailer. (Who knew books had trailers?) So tell us readers, have you heard of this tale? Does it interest you?
Posted November 30 2009 — 6:50 PM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creators on 'hero' Felix saving two different clones
- Legendary closes deal on Dwayne Johnson action project set in China
- 'Preacher' pilot: Hear the directors' commentary online
- Chance the Rapper, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne have 'No Problem' in video
- Red Hot Chili Peppers share chill new song 'The Getaway'
- Khloé Kardashian files for divorce from Lamar Odom — again
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex facing lawsuit over 'Sorry'