In Serious Moonlight, Meg Ryan plays a lawyer who discovers that her husband (Timothy Hutton) plans to leave her for a young thing (Kristen Bell). So she does what any lawyer would do if she were Meg Ryan — duct-tapes him to a toilet, then persuades him to love her again by dint of being Meg Ryan. (Ryan nearly breaks a sweat working so hard to charm.) There’s a lot of yelling, cracking wise, and cooing in this creepy rom-com. Curb Your Enthusiasm’s Cheryl Hines directs, from a script by the late filmmaker Adrienne Shelly — a return favor, perhaps, for Shelly’s having cast her in Waitress. (Available on cable via on demand) C
GONNA TIE YOU UP IN MY LOVE Meg Ryan and Timothy Hutton have marital issues in Serious Moonlight
Posted December 2 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Justin Bieber details party boy years: ‘I suck by myself'
- 'Friends' reunion: NBC's official photos unveiled
- T.J. Miller pitches ideas for 'Deadpool 2'
- Hear Sturgill Simpson's fuzzed out 'Vinyl' theme song
- Tina Fey goes to war in profane 'Whiskey Tango Foxtrot' trailer
- 'TWD': Steven Yeun reflects on the 'Is Glenn dead?' controversy
- The Dark Knight takes the spotlight in final 'Batman v Superman' trailer