In Serious Moonlight, Meg Ryan plays a lawyer who discovers that her husband (Timothy Hutton) plans to leave her for a young thing (Kristen Bell). So she does what any lawyer would do if she were Meg Ryan — duct-tapes him to a toilet, then persuades him to love her again by dint of being Meg Ryan. (Ryan nearly breaks a sweat working so hard to charm.) There’s a lot of yelling, cracking wise, and cooing in this creepy rom-com. Curb Your Enthusiasm’s Cheryl Hines directs, from a script by the late filmmaker Adrienne Shelly — a return favor, perhaps, for Shelly’s having cast her in Waitress. (Available on cable via on demand) C
GONNA TIE YOU UP IN MY LOVE Meg Ryan and Timothy Hutton have marital issues in Serious Moonlight
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A