In Serious Moonlight, Meg Ryan plays a lawyer who discovers that her husband (Timothy Hutton) plans to leave her for a young thing (Kristen Bell). So she does what any lawyer would do if she were Meg Ryan — duct-tapes him to a toilet, then persuades him to love her again by dint of being Meg Ryan. (Ryan nearly breaks a sweat working so hard to charm.) There’s a lot of yelling, cracking wise, and cooing in this creepy rom-com. Curb Your Enthusiasm’s Cheryl Hines directs, from a script by the late filmmaker Adrienne Shelly — a return favor, perhaps, for Shelly’s having cast her in Waitress. (Available on cable via on demand) C
GONNA TIE YOU UP IN MY LOVE Meg Ryan and Timothy Hutton have marital issues in Serious Moonlight
Posted December 2 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'