In Serious Moonlight, Meg Ryan plays a lawyer who discovers that her husband (Timothy Hutton) plans to leave her for a young thing (Kristen Bell). So she does what any lawyer would do if she were Meg Ryan — duct-tapes him to a toilet, then persuades him to love her again by dint of being Meg Ryan. (Ryan nearly breaks a sweat working so hard to charm.) There’s a lot of yelling, cracking wise, and cooing in this creepy rom-com. Curb Your Enthusiasm’s Cheryl Hines directs, from a script by the late filmmaker Adrienne Shelly — a return favor, perhaps, for Shelly’s having cast her in Waitress. (Available on cable via on demand) C
GONNA TIE YOU UP IN MY LOVE Meg Ryan and Timothy Hutton have marital issues in Serious Moonlight
Posted December 2 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan had a 'Buffy' reunion
- Chris Pratt on being a sex symbol: 'Before, I was the sweaty guy who didn't give a s---'
- Munich Film Festival to honor Alexander Payne with retrospective
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!