The makers of this mediocre comedy about dorky guys who work in a cut-rate electronics store probably hoped that 40 Year-Old Virgin lightning would strike twice. It doesn’t. Instead, what might have been a so-so TV sitcom misses its appropriate medium by compacting all the characters’ generic gotta-grow-up problems into one disposable film. The cast of The Strip is almost entirely made up of TV actors, led by Dave Foley (NewsRadio). A couple of dudes who have appeared on NCIS play employees in polo shirts and name tags that signify their arrested development. C-
HE HAS A POINT Dave Foley works in an electronics store in The Strip
Starring: Dave Foley; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted December 2 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters