The Sundance Film Festival has announced the film line-up for the movies screening ‘out of competition’ at the festival in the Premieres, Spotlight, New Frontiers and Park City at Midnight sections. Highlights include John Wells’ film debut The Company Men, starring Ben Affleck and Kevin Costner; Katie Holmes and John C. Reilly in The Extra Man and Tom McCarthy’s (The Visitor) upcoming film starring Philip Seymour Hoffman in Jack Goes Boating. The Affleck brothers will be given a chance to reunite at the festival since The Killer Insider Me starring Casey Affleck and Jessica Alba will also debut. Sundance staples Catherine Keener and Kristen Stewart will both be returning to the festival with two films. Stewart will debut her Joan Jett portrayal in The Runaways and the competition film Welcome to the Rileys. Keener is featured in Nicole Holofcener’s latest film Please Give with Amanda Peet, Oliver Platt and Rebecca Hall and can also be seen in The Duplass Brothers (Puffy Chair) latest untitled movie opposite John C. Reilly, Marisa Tomei, and Jonah Hill. You can find the complete Sundance line-up here.
Posted December 3 2009 — 6:43 PM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday