Bryant Gumbel revealed that he has lung cancer while guest co-hosting this morning’s Live! With Regis & Kelly. The 61-year-old former Today show anchor said he’s being treated for the disease after surgery last month to remove a tumor from his chest. “We had told a few people, we told my family, obviously,” he said. “I even kept it from my staff at Real Sports. So I’m okay for the time being.”
Posted December 8 2009 — 10:31 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!