Cheeky apartheid allegory or ripsnorting sci-?fi action flick? Why not both? Peter Jackson protégé Neill Blomkamp sets his delirious directorial debut District 9 in his native Johannesburg, where prawnlike aliens are penned into slums and an antsy company man (Copley) finds out what it’s like to be one of them. Don’t miss the terrific making-of doc on the EXTRAS. A-
DISTRICT 9 You really don't want to mess with Sharlto Copley (David Bloomer)
Posted December 9 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?