Cheeky apartheid allegory or ripsnorting sci-?fi action flick? Why not both? Peter Jackson protégé Neill Blomkamp sets his delirious directorial debut District 9 in his native Johannesburg, where prawnlike aliens are penned into slums and an antsy company man (Copley) finds out what it’s like to be one of them. Don’t miss the terrific making-of doc on the EXTRAS. A-
DISTRICT 9 You really don't want to mess with Sharlto Copley (David Bloomer)
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!