Cheeky apartheid allegory or ripsnorting sci-?fi action flick? Why not both? Peter Jackson protégé Neill Blomkamp sets his delirious directorial debut District 9 in his native Johannesburg, where prawnlike aliens are penned into slums and an antsy company man (Copley) finds out what it’s like to be one of them. Don’t miss the terrific making-of doc on the EXTRAS. A-
DISTRICT 9 You really don't want to mess with Sharlto Copley (David Bloomer)
Posted December 9 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!