Cheeky apartheid allegory or ripsnorting sci-?fi action flick? Why not both? Peter Jackson protégé Neill Blomkamp sets his delirious directorial debut District 9 in his native Johannesburg, where prawnlike aliens are penned into slums and an antsy company man (Copley) finds out what it’s like to be one of them. Don’t miss the terrific making-of doc on the EXTRAS. A-
DISTRICT 9 You really don't want to mess with Sharlto Copley (David Bloomer)
Posted December 9 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!