Cheeky apartheid allegory or ripsnorting sci-?fi action flick? Why not both? Peter Jackson protégé Neill Blomkamp sets his delirious directorial debut District 9 in his native Johannesburg, where prawnlike aliens are penned into slums and an antsy company man (Copley) finds out what it’s like to be one of them. Don’t miss the terrific making-of doc on the EXTRAS. A-
DISTRICT 9 You really don't want to mess with Sharlto Copley (David Bloomer)
Posted December 9 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Jurassic World' dino Indominus Rex: Director Colin Trevorrow tells us what we want to know
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!