Cheeky apartheid allegory or ripsnorting sci-?fi action flick? Why not both? Peter Jackson protégé Neill Blomkamp sets his delirious directorial debut District 9 in his native Johannesburg, where prawnlike aliens are penned into slums and an antsy company man (Copley) finds out what it’s like to be one of them. Don’t miss the terrific making-of doc on the EXTRAS. A-
DISTRICT 9 You really don't want to mess with Sharlto Copley (David Bloomer)
Posted December 9 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Simon Kinberg defends 'Fantastic 4': 'It’s not a disaster'
- Fall Out Boy, The Black Keys, and more are coming to 'Rock Band 4'
- EWwy Awards 2015: Sam Heughan, Andrew Lincoln face off
- Selena Gomez plays the villain in 'Bad Blood' behind-the-scenes clip
- Exclusive first look at Joan Collins' return to E!'s 'The Royals'
- Francis Ford Coppola explains the Old Hollywood magic of 'Dracula'
- Deadpool teases debut trailer with... a trailer