Kristen Stewart-starring The Runaways is now slated for a US release on March 19, 2010. Bob Berney’s new distribution company Apparition has taken all US rights to the film, which will world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January. New Moon co-stars Stewart (Joan Jett) and Dakota Fanning (Cherie Currie) star in the story of the groundbreaking female rock group The Runaways. Michael Shannon plays the group’s manager. Music video veteran Floria Sigismondi directs for producers River Road Entertainment and Linson Entertainment; Joan Jett is one of the film’s executive producers. “Floria has crafted a beautiful story of Joan and Cherie’s tumultuous relationship on and off stage, as well as a kick ass rock ‘n’ roll journey,” said Apparition head Berney in a statement.
Posted December 14 2009 — 4:52 PM EST
- 'One Day at a Time' reboot: Netflix releases heartwarming trailer
- Walton Goggins in talks to play villain in 'Tomb Raider' reboot
- Preview the prologue in 'Tyson Hesse's Diesel: Ignition'
- 'Pitch' star Kylie Bunbury on Ginny's next move
- 'Please Like Me' finds U.S. home
- Lin-Manuel Miranda's amazing 2016, in GIFs
- Tomi Lahren responds to backlash over 'friendship' with Trevor Noah
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot