Ben Bernanke, the 56-year-old chairman of the Federal Reserve, has been crowned Time’s Person of Year. Runners-ups include General Stanley McChrystal, the Chinese worker, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt, the world’s fastest man. Among the People Who Mattered: Jon and Kate Gosselin, Adam Lambert, Jay Leno and David Letterman, Twilight’s Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, Taylor Swift, The Twitter guys (Biz Stone and Evan Williams), and Tiger Woods.
Posted December 16 2009 — 10:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony