Shane Sparks, best known for his work as a choreographer for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance and a judge on MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew, was arrested in Los Angeles Friday morning on charges of alleged child molestation. Sparks, whose real name is Melvin Hall, is being held on $590,000 bail. L.A.’s FOX 11 News reports that the criminal complaint against Sparks, filed yesterday by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, includes 9 counts of molestation all focused on one alleged victim, a former dance student, dating back to the years 1994 to 1997.
Posted December 18 2009 — 6:00 PM EST
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which show should win Best Comedy Series?
- When are the 2017 Golden Globe nominations?
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'TVD,' 'Supernatural,' 'OUAT' and more
- 'Power Rangers' poster calls out the new megazords
- The 'Yule Log' is back on VOD to heat up the holidays
- 'Rogue One': Where to watch the world premiere live stream
- J.J. Abrams, HBO developing space exploration drama