Vic Chesnutt’s record label Constellation Records has confirmed the singer is in a coma. A statement from the label said: “Vic is in the middle of a serious medical situation, he is in a coma, and his family and friends are with him. We have no comment right now on the specifics other than that his doctors are continuing to assess his condition. We will issue a full statement at an appropriate time. In the interim, we request that everybody respect Vic’s privacy and that of his family.” The 45-year-old Athens, Ga.-based singer-songwriter has been in a wheelchair since a car accident at age 18. The prolific musician released two albums in 2009: At the Cut and Skitter on Take-Off.
Posted December 24 2009 — 1:55 PM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony