Duncan Jones is the son of David Bowie, so there may be some daddy issues at work in the director’s Major Tom-themed debut Moon. Either way, he’s crafted a trippy sci-fi yarn thanks to a gonzo Sam Rockwell as the solo operator of a lunar base whose only companions are the disturbingly calm voice of a HAL-like computer (Kevin Spacey) and his own clone (Rockwell again). Prepare to have your mind blown. EXTRAS Two fun commentaries, a fascinatingly nerdy making-of doc, and a cool short film by Jones. B+
OUT OF THE WORLD Moon, starring Sam Rockwell, is a trippy take on a space movie. (Mark Tille)
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Sam Rockwell, Kevin Spacey; Director: Duncan Jones, Nathan Parker; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R
Posted December 30 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Human Centipede 3': What disgusting prop did the director take home?
- Joyce Carol Oates expands on PEN award protest following award for 'Charlie Hebdo'
- David Letterman's studio was thrown in the trash
- Joel McHale to host this year's ESPY Awards
- Universal reveals My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 release date
- Zedd shares his ultimate Memorial Day Weekend playlist
- 'Marshall Mathers LP' at 15: Revisit Eminem's best live performances
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!