Duncan Jones is the son of David Bowie, so there may be some daddy issues at work in the director’s Major Tom-themed debut Moon. Either way, he’s crafted a trippy sci-fi yarn thanks to a gonzo Sam Rockwell as the solo operator of a lunar base whose only companions are the disturbingly calm voice of a HAL-like computer (Kevin Spacey) and his own clone (Rockwell again). Prepare to have your mind blown. EXTRAS Two fun commentaries, a fascinatingly nerdy making-of doc, and a cool short film by Jones. B+
OUT OF THE WORLD Moon, starring Sam Rockwell, is a trippy take on a space movie. (Mark Tille)
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Sam Rockwell, Kevin Spacey; Director: Duncan Jones, Nathan Parker; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R
Posted December 30 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- What's up next for OITNB's Ruby Rose?
- Brody Jenner opens up about Caitlyn in new interview
- Dee Snider is back with his first new song in over 20 years
- Mulder and Scully are back in action in new 'X-Files' revival teaser
- 'Iron Man' honest trailer proves Marvel can build a franchise out of anybody
- 'Heroes: Reborn': 5 ways the revival avoids past mistakes
- 'Graceland' sneak peek: The truth about Sid comes out!
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!