Duncan Jones is the son of David Bowie, so there may be some daddy issues at work in the director’s Major Tom-themed debut Moon. Either way, he’s crafted a trippy sci-fi yarn thanks to a gonzo Sam Rockwell as the solo operator of a lunar base whose only companions are the disturbingly calm voice of a HAL-like computer (Kevin Spacey) and his own clone (Rockwell again). Prepare to have your mind blown. EXTRAS Two fun commentaries, a fascinatingly nerdy making-of doc, and a cool short film by Jones. B+
OUT OF THE WORLD Moon, starring Sam Rockwell, is a trippy take on a space movie. (Mark Tille)
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Sam Rockwell, Kevin Spacey; Director: Duncan Jones, Nathan Parker; Release Date Limited: 06/12/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R
Posted December 30 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!