Duncan Jones is the son of David Bowie, so there may be some daddy issues at work in the director’s Major Tom-themed debut Moon. Either way, he’s crafted a trippy sci-fi yarn thanks to a gonzo Sam Rockwell as the solo operator of a lunar base whose only companions are the disturbingly calm voice of a HAL-like computer (Kevin Spacey) and his own clone (Rockwell again). Prepare to have your mind blown. EXTRAS Two fun commentaries, a fascinatingly nerdy making-of doc, and a cool short film by Jones. B+
OUT OF THE WORLD Moon, starring Sam Rockwell, is a trippy take on a space movie. (Mark Tille)
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Sam Rockwell, Kevin Spacey; Director: Duncan Jones, Nathan Parker; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted December 30 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters