A cop (Dragos Bucur) decides to cut a kid a break by not busting him on a minor drug charge, and then faces the consequences: a long, exquisite dressing-down by his stickler of a superior (Vlad Ivanov, from 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days), during which the very essence of police work is analyzed with a beady eye and a challenging raised eyebrow. This award-winning, darkly funny story of ethical choice, linguistic pedantry (hence the title, Police, Adjective), and mordant Eastern European sensibility is yet another outstanding little movie in the exciting Romanian New Wave. (Also available on cable via on demand) A
CODE OF ETHICS Dragos Bucur stars as a cop with conscience (and a love of grammar) in Police, Adjective (Marius Panduru)
Posted December 30 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel