A cop (Dragos Bucur) decides to cut a kid a break by not busting him on a minor drug charge, and then faces the consequences: a long, exquisite dressing-down by his stickler of a superior (Vlad Ivanov, from 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days), during which the very essence of police work is analyzed with a beady eye and a challenging raised eyebrow. This award-winning, darkly funny story of ethical choice, linguistic pedantry (hence the title, Police, Adjective), and mordant Eastern European sensibility is yet another outstanding little movie in the exciting Romanian New Wave. (Also available on cable via on demand) A
CODE OF ETHICS Dragos Bucur stars as a cop with conscience (and a love of grammar) in Police, Adjective (Marius Panduru)
Posted December 30 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Box office report: 'Straight Outta Compton' wins again
- Ranking Kanye West's top music videos
- Justin Bieber Spider-Man kisses Britney Spears ... sort of
- Oliver Sacks, famed neurologist and author, dies at 82
- See Jessica Simpson and Tracee Ellis Ross' glamorous 'sister' photo
- Kanye West to perform '808s & Heartbreak' in full at Hollywood Bowl
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!