I’m probably setting myself up for failure by doing this, but here’s an exclusive first look at all the stuff I absolutely must accomplish in the next 12 months.
* Give United States of Tara another try. Ditto It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
* Drink less water and more diet cola.
* Get soap-writing God Patrick Mulcahey to pen a Santa Barbara reunion script purely for my enjoyment.
* Convince Connie Britton to enter herself in the far-less-cluttered lead actress category at the Emmys.
* Finally plan that trip to Belgium (for obvious reasons).
* Spearhead a search party to track down my missing Bay Area buddies.
* Spend more time with my family. Or better yet, allow my family to spend more time with me.
* Catch up on Sons of Anarchy.
* Read less, Tweet more.
* Save Fringe.
* Find out the real reason this happened.
* Host a monthly game night featuring Dirty Uno, Phase 10, Monopoly, and 221B Baker Street in regular rotation.
* Use my immeasurable clout to pressure NBC into renewing Chuck for another season. Ditto ABC and Ugly Betty.
* Organize a second annual Aushole gathering at Comic-Con, but throw in this fun little twist: Attendees must bring me presents!
* Conduct a no-holds-barred, sit-down interview with Hugh Laurie and Lisa Edelstein.
* Become more selfish and less selfless with my time and money. Wait, did I get that backwards? Nope, that’s right.
* Report the big [asterisk quiz goes here] scoop that’s been burning a hole in my pocket since last week.
I’m sure I’m forgetting a few things, so don’t be surprised if this list grows throughout the holiday weekend. In the meantime, what’s on your ’10 to-do list? Remember, resolutions aren’t official until you post ’em in the comments section of a TV-centric blog. I kid you not. Look it up.