Simon Cowell is in discussions with Paula Abdul and Cheryl Cole to become judges on his new show, X Factor, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Cowell previously announced that this would be his last season on American Idol and that he would leave to focus on a stateside version of his hit U.K. show, X Factor, which will debut on Fox in fall 2011. The only question was: who would sit at the judges’ table with him? Abdul, who quit Idol in August during a contract dispute, would make perfect sense sitting next to Cowell again. After all, Cowell recently said he “adores” her. Cole is a less familiar choice to American audiences. The 26-year-old is already a fellow panelist with Cowell on the U.K. version of X Factor.
Posted January 18 2010 — 1:10 PM EST
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' becomes third-biggest debut of 2016
- Stone Temple Pilots remember Scott Weiland one year after his death
- What to Watch: Chance the Rapper and James Taylor help light a tree
- Celebs react to Dakota Access Pipeline victory
- WATCH: Helen Mirren's ruff day turns adorable as she's surprised by puppies
- 'Westworld' finale: 10 unanswered questions
- 'Westworld': Ed Harris on those big finale twists
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big