Conan O’Brien is nearing a deal to split with NBC’s Tonight Show for a $40 million payout, according to The Wall Street Journal. The deal would end the ugly dustup that has ensued since the network announced plans to move Jay Leno back into the 11:35 p.m. timeslot after his prime-time berth tanked in the ratings. O’Brien’s deal would reportedly bar him from (further) disparaging the network, but would allow him to land somewhere else in less than a year — instead of making him sit out the remaining two-plus years on his contract.
Posted January 19 2010 — 9:12 AM EST
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover