Conan O’Brien is nearing a deal to split with NBC’s Tonight Show for a $40 million payout, according to The Wall Street Journal. The deal would end the ugly dustup that has ensued since the network announced plans to move Jay Leno back into the 11:35 p.m. timeslot after his prime-time berth tanked in the ratings. O’Brien’s deal would reportedly bar him from (further) disparaging the network, but would allow him to land somewhere else in less than a year — instead of making him sit out the remaining two-plus years on his contract.
Posted January 19 2010 — 9:12 AM EST
- Brie Larson to replace Jennifer Lawrence in 'Glass Castle' adaptation
- Diane Keaton and John Goodman struggle through Christmas in 'Love the Coopers' trailer
- Kevin James to headline new comedy for CBS
- 'HTGAWM': Charlie Weber on the show's most suspicious character
- Kate Snow previews 'Dateline' special 'Cosby Accusers Speak'
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Walking Dead,' 'The Flash,' 'Castle' and more
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner says the legacy of 'The Cosby Show' is 'tarnished'