Bright Star, Jane Campion’s drama about the 19th-century romance between poet John Keats and his muse Fanny Brawne, is so stately it’s almost inert. But if you’ve got an incurable sweet tooth for chaste hand-holding cut tragically short by tubercular coughs, then get ready to swoon. The best EXTRA is a deleted scene that’s so devastating, it deserved to make the final cut. B-
BRIGHT STAR Abbie Cornish and Ben Whishaw dance the day away
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Abbie Cornish, Ben Whishaw, Kerry Fox, Paul Schneider; Director: Jane Campion; Author: Jane Campion; Release Date Limited: 09/18/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted January 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nina Dobrev speaks Bulgarian on the 'Late Late Show'
- Pop-country singer Billy Joe Royal dead at 73
- Aaron Sorkin on 'Steve Jobs' portrayal: 'This movie is not a biopic'
- Ariana Grande and 'Victorious' co-star Liz Gillies post kissing video 'by accident'
- Nicki Minaj: Miley Cyrus has 'some big balls' for VMA comments
- Ronda Rousey addresses her dig at Floyd Mayweather on 'The Tonight Show'
- Michaela Watkins on new Hulu comedy 'Casual': 'It's kind of a cool trip'