Bright Star, Jane Campion’s drama about the 19th-century romance between poet John Keats and his muse Fanny Brawne, is so stately it’s almost inert. But if you’ve got an incurable sweet tooth for chaste hand-holding cut tragically short by tubercular coughs, then get ready to swoon. The best EXTRA is a deleted scene that’s so devastating, it deserved to make the final cut. B-
BRIGHT STAR Abbie Cornish and Ben Whishaw dance the day away
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Abbie Cornish, Ben Whishaw, Kerry Fox, Paul Schneider; Director: Jane Campion; Author: Jane Campion; Release Date Limited: 09/18/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted January 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'American Horror Story' season 6 teasers will make your skin crawl
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton