Bright Star, Jane Campion’s drama about the 19th-century romance between poet John Keats and his muse Fanny Brawne, is so stately it’s almost inert. But if you’ve got an incurable sweet tooth for chaste hand-holding cut tragically short by tubercular coughs, then get ready to swoon. The best EXTRA is a deleted scene that’s so devastating, it deserved to make the final cut. B-
BRIGHT STAR Abbie Cornish and Ben Whishaw dance the day away
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Abbie Cornish, Ben Whishaw, Kerry Fox, Paul Schneider; Director: Jane Campion; Author: Jane Campion; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted January 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- Gal Godot: 'It’s impossible not to be a little nervous' about playing Wonder Woman
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!