Bright Star, Jane Campion’s drama about the 19th-century romance between poet John Keats and his muse Fanny Brawne, is so stately it’s almost inert. But if you’ve got an incurable sweet tooth for chaste hand-holding cut tragically short by tubercular coughs, then get ready to swoon. The best EXTRA is a deleted scene that’s so devastating, it deserved to make the final cut. B-
BRIGHT STAR Abbie Cornish and Ben Whishaw dance the day away
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Abbie Cornish, Ben Whishaw, Kerry Fox, Paul Schneider; Director: Jane Campion; Author: Jane Campion; Release Date Limited: 09/18/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted January 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters