Bright Star, Jane Campion’s drama about the 19th-century romance between poet John Keats and his muse Fanny Brawne, is so stately it’s almost inert. But if you’ve got an incurable sweet tooth for chaste hand-holding cut tragically short by tubercular coughs, then get ready to swoon. The best EXTRA is a deleted scene that’s so devastating, it deserved to make the final cut. B-
BRIGHT STAR Abbie Cornish and Ben Whishaw dance the day away
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Abbie Cornish, Ben Whishaw, Kerry Fox, Paul Schneider; Director: Jane Campion; Author: Jane Campion; Runtime (in minutes): 119; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A