This slyly transcendental documentary consists of long, mostly wordless takes of sheep, cowboys, and the divine Montana mountains they wander through for 200 miles. Sweetgrass is austere enough to make Frederick Wiseman’s films look like Jersey Shore episodes, yet it has its own suspense: It’s there in the movements of the flock, seen at a God’s-eye distance, and in the cranky grace of the cowboys, one of whom is such a cusser he could make Sarah Silverman blush. B
COWBOY UP A shepherd with his flock in Sweetgrass
Genre: Documentary; Director: Ilisa Barbash, Lucien Castaing-Taylor; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 21 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- Lauryn Hill covered Nina Simone's 'Feeling Good'
- See Netflix's official logo for Marvel's 'Jessica Jones'
- Kendrick Lamar releases trippy 'For Free? (Interlude)' video
- Mick Rock on his new show: I'm the Anthony Bourdain of rock and roll
- Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo on their sweet 'Vacation' cameos
- 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' is not a 'watered-down version' of the films
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!