TNT has given the greenlight to three new original series, the network announced Thursday. The three pick-ups are an untitled alien-invasion show from executive producer Steven Spielberg, in which Noah Wyle stars as the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force; Delta Blues, produced by George Clooney and starring Jason Lee as a Memphis police officer who lives with his mother; and Rizzoli & Isles, a crime drama starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. TNT has ordered 10 episodes of each show, with plans to have Delta Blues and Rizzoli & Isles premiere this year. Spielberg’s alien-invasion series is scheduled to debut in 2011.
Posted January 21 2010 — 4:43 PM EST
- Jon Hamm introduces a montage of Jon Stewart's most memorable musical moments
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ off TV Land schedule
- Fox News says Kendrick Lamar's BET performance incites violence
- Amy Schumer talked to Jon Stewart about 'The Daily Show' before saying no
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!