When I heard that Justin Timberlake turns 29 today, I panicked. I totally forgot to buy him something! But what does a person get for the guy who has everything? A new pair of snazzy glasses? A round of golf at a Dubai course shaped like his own face*? An agreement to never speak the name of his latest straight-to-DVD movie?
But then I realized, it’s not about what we can give Justin. It’s about celebrating what Justin has given us during his 29th trip around the sun. It’s what he’d want. (It’s also much cheaper.) So without further ado, here’s a list of five great things JT did this past year.
1. “Dead and Gone” live at the Grammys, an awesome duet with T.I. (be sure to tune in to tonight’s ceremony at 8 p.m. ET/PT, and check out EW’s live blog!)
2. "Love Sex Magic," an awesome duet with Ciara
3. “Mother Lover,” an awesome duet with Andy Samberg on SNL
4. "Carry Out," an awesome duet with Timbaland on Shock Value II.
5. “Hallelujah,” an awesome duet with protegé Matt Morris on the Hope for Haiti benefit
<embed src=”http://widgets.vodpod.com/w/video_embed/Video.2917072” type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” AllowScriptAccess=”sameDomain” pluginspage=”http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer” wmode=”transparent” flashvars=” width=”425” height=”350” />
Are we seeing a trend here? JT, I know technically you get make your own wish on your birthday. But if we get one, too, we’d wish for a little more one-on-one time with you in 2010 — musically speaking, of course.
What about you, PopWatchers? What was your favorite JT moment of the past year? And what would you get him for his birthday?
*this doesn’t exist yet, but fingers crossed!