Once a ”Smooth Operator,” now a Soldier of Love: After 25 years, has Sade finally allowed global events to sour the avant-soul outfit that bears her name? Nah. Beyond the surprisingly hard-thumping title track, the group’s first album since 2000’s Lovers Rock sticks faithfully to the lush quiet-storm sound that’s influenced younger artists from Maxwell to Everything but the Girl. Given the singer’s still-incredible voice — imagine the world’s sexiest yoga instructor leading an epic om — that lack of evolution hardly presents a problem. On songs like the space-folky ”Long Hard Road” and the reggae-scented ”Babyfather,” Sade exhales peerlessly while the boys behind her fluff one heck of a sonic pillow. Weary bones, rest here. A
Soldier of LoveOnce a ''Smooth Operator,'' now a Soldier of Love: After 25 years, has Sade finally allowed global events to sour the avant-soul outfit...Soldier of LoveR&BOnce a ''Smooth Operator,'' now a Soldier of Love: After 25 years, has Sade finally allowed global events to sour the avant-soul outfit...2010-02-03
BRING US HOME Sade
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Sade
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Play as Batgirl in 'Batman: Arkham Knight' additional content
- 'Finding Neverland: The Album' to feature Nick Jonas, Jennifer Lopez, and more -- exclusive
- Miguel releases Wale-featuring 'Coffee (F---king)'
- Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea release 'Pretty Girls': Like it?
- Domhnall Gleeson teaches us how to pronounce 'Domhnall Gleeson'
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' to film at Pinewood Studios
- 'Blurred Lines' may get another trial
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!