The New Orleans Saints’ victory over the Indianapolis Colts may have scored one for the record books for CBS, according to preliminary results from Nielsen Media. The overnight results put the live viewership at an estimated 96.5 million, up 7.3 million over last year’s comparable preliminary numbers, the highest rating in 23 years – and likely to break the 100 million-mark once numbers are finalized and time-delayed viewership is added in. The high numbers were, of course, a boon to CBS’ airing of reality show Undercover Boss, whose 38.1 million viewers make it the best-rated post-Super Bowl airing since 2006’s Grey’s Anatomy.
Posted February 8 2010 — 11:56 AM EST
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big