Director Garry Marshall and his pack of A-list stars are on track to win the President’s Day weekend with the ensemble romantic comedy Valentine’s Day. Friday’s opening for the film starring Julia Roberts, Bradley Cooper and many, many others is estimated at approximately $15 million, a number that is likely to reach over $50 million for the 4-day holiday frame. The other two new wide releases also opened to strong numbers, with dollar amounts that could push the frame into record-breaking territory. Early estimates show both Percy Jackson & the Olympians and the R-rated Wolfman opening on Friday to approximately $10 million. Fourth place for the day goes to Avatar. Early estimates show the massive grosser earning an additional $5 million for its 9th Friday in release. Rounding out the top five is the romantic drama Dear John which fell over 65 percent from last weekend’s opening day to approximately $4 million. Crushed by Valentine’s Day, Dear John is likely to earn $18 million for the four-day frame. Check back tomorrow for updated figures and have a happy Valentine’s Day.
Posted February 13 2010 — 12:32 PM EST
- 'This Is Us' casts 'Longmire' star Adam Bartley in recurring role
- 'Star Wars,' Beyoncé among most popular fandoms ever
- Emma Caulfield's TV Diary: Warming up to 'This Is Us'
- Are these the best opening title sequences of all time?
- Please watch Kevin Hart’s reaction to this cat
- 'The Leftovers' creators announce third and final season premiere month
- Erika Girardi defends 'RHOBH': 'It's not just a bunch of bitches'
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans