Jim Morrison is headed to a theater near you. The feature-length documentary, When You’re Strange: A Film About the Doors will hit theaters on April 9. Directed by Tom DiCillo (Living in Oblivion) and narrated by A-list Doors fan Johnny Depp, When You’re Strange has been popping up on the festival circuit recently everywhere from Sundance to San Sebastian to Santa Barbara. The film is a mix of archival and previously unseen footage of the legendary ’60s L.A. quartet behind such classics as “Light My Fire,” “Riders on the Storm,” and “The End” and led by the charismatic Morrison who died in 1971. The film’s soundtrack will be released on March 30.
Posted February 16 2010 — 1:31 PM EST
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- Jennifer Lawrence blames her butt for almost killing 'Hunger Games’ crew
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- Patton Oswalt opens up about being a single father after wife's death
- Matthew Broderick debuts his very own Donald Trump impression
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen make for ultimate Charades team
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big