Emotionally mesmerizing. Set in the multiethnic city of Jaffa, this Academy Award nominee for Best ? Foreign Language Film is like an Israeli Amores Perros crossed with City of God. Using a nonprofessional cast, Ajami looks at the Middle East powder keg from both sides, weaving a time-fractured story of drug dealing, romance, and economic peril. As a shockingly unjust revenge murder sets off a cycle of fear, we feel how the violence of life in Israel has embedded itself in every interaction, even for those on the same side. A
READY, AIM, QUAGMIRE Fouad Habash prepares to shoot in Ajami
Genre: Foreign Language, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Shahir Kabaha, Eran Naim; Director: Scandar Copti, Yaron Shani; Author: Scandar Copti, Yaron Shani; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Kino International
Posted February 18 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!