Pushing Daisies scene-stealer Swoosie Kurtz has landed a series regular role in Mike & Molly, CBS’ comedy pilot about an overweight couple struggling with food issues. Kurtz is playing the role of Joyce, mom to the still-uncast Molly. (Bill Gardell is playing Mike.) The project hails from comedy king Chuck Lorre’s factory of hits, so chances are very good that Kurtz is out partying tonight.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Dances With Wolves' writer Michael Blake dies
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquiao fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' bosses on 'an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!