Sources confirm New York Magazine’s report that Angelina Jolie will not reprise her role as the highly trained assassin Fox in Wanted 2. The script for the sequel was already complete and the studio had hoped to get the film into production this year. It’s not clear now if they will proceed. While New York said Jolie has opted instead to do Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity, which was said to have moved to Warner Bros. after it lived at Universal for years, Jolie’s reps say the actress has passed on doing Gravity at Warner Bros. It’s not yet clear as to why and sources indicate the Gravity portion of the story was quite premature. Warner Bros. is still unable to confirm whether or not Gravity is even set up with the studio. Stay tuned.
Posted February 26 2010 — 7:06 PM EST
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!