There might be an okay movie buried inside this unfocused dramedy about a love triangle involving a cocky banker (Porter), his girlfriend (Bledel), and his new co-worker (Greenberg). The Good Guy has a few half-cute moments, some chuckles, and enough pretty faces to cast at least two TV pilots. What it doesn’t have is a clue. One by one, each scene goes slack as the script struggles with Screenwriting 101 problems like who the main character is and what he wants — not to mention why any of us should care in the first place. C
POWER COUPLE Scott Porter and Alexis Bledel are young and in love in The Good Guy (Walter Thomson)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alexis Bledel, Bryan Greenberg, Scott Porter, Anna Chlumsky; Director: Julio DePietro; Author: Julio DePietro; Release Date Limited: 02/19/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted March 3 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne performed 'Complicated' on 1989 tour
- 'Survivor' players on the most shameless thing they did for fan votes
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!