There might be an okay movie buried inside this unfocused dramedy about a love triangle involving a cocky banker (Porter), his girlfriend (Bledel), and his new co-worker (Greenberg). The Good Guy has a few half-cute moments, some chuckles, and enough pretty faces to cast at least two TV pilots. What it doesn’t have is a clue. One by one, each scene goes slack as the script struggles with Screenwriting 101 problems like who the main character is and what he wants — not to mention why any of us should care in the first place. C
POWER COUPLE Scott Porter and Alexis Bledel are young and in love in The Good Guy (Walter Thomson)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alexis Bledel, Bryan Greenberg, Scott Porter, Anna Chlumsky; Director: Julio DePietro; Author: Julio DePietro; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as 'Suicide Squad' Joker: David Ayer tweets a photo
- Why Tidal's success (or failure) doesn't matter
- Celebrities express their support for Bruce Jenner