There might be an okay movie buried inside this unfocused dramedy about a love triangle involving a cocky banker (Porter), his girlfriend (Bledel), and his new co-worker (Greenberg). The Good Guy has a few half-cute moments, some chuckles, and enough pretty faces to cast at least two TV pilots. What it doesn’t have is a clue. One by one, each scene goes slack as the script struggles with Screenwriting 101 problems like who the main character is and what he wants — not to mention why any of us should care in the first place. C
POWER COUPLE Scott Porter and Alexis Bledel are young and in love in The Good Guy (Walter Thomson)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alexis Bledel, Bryan Greenberg, Scott Porter, Anna Chlumsky; Director: Julio DePietro; Author: Julio DePietro; Release Date Limited: 02/19/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted March 3 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday