There might be an okay movie buried inside this unfocused dramedy about a love triangle involving a cocky banker (Porter), his girlfriend (Bledel), and his new co-worker (Greenberg). The Good Guy has a few half-cute moments, some chuckles, and enough pretty faces to cast at least two TV pilots. What it doesn’t have is a clue. One by one, each scene goes slack as the script struggles with Screenwriting 101 problems like who the main character is and what he wants — not to mention why any of us should care in the first place. C
POWER COUPLE Scott Porter and Alexis Bledel are young and in love in The Good Guy (Walter Thomson)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Alexis Bledel, Bryan Greenberg, Scott Porter, Anna Chlumsky; Director: Julio DePietro; Author: Julio DePietro; Release Date Limited: 02/19/2010; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted March 3 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing