Set in the world-famous French site that draws millions of Roman Catholic pilgrims each year looking for ease of hurting bodies and spirits, Jessica Hausner’s quietly funny, seriously attentive, and altogether remarkable French-language drama Lourdes examines the down-?to-earth complications of what might well be a miracle. Beautifully led by birdlike Sylvie Testud as an ailing young woman in a wheelchair, every character (pilgrim and helper alike) exhibits a soul. And shaped with confident talent by the Austrian filmmaker, every serenely composed shot matters. A
BACK IN THE HABIT Sylvie Testud looks for a miracle in Lourdes
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Sylvie Testud; Director: Jessica Hausner; Author: Jessica Hausner; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted March 3 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- What to expect (and what we hope) will be at this year's San Diego Comic-Con
- Kourtney Kardashian, Scott Disick break up
- A$AP Rocky apologizes for those Rita Ora lyrics
- Zach Levi on 'Heroes: Reborn': I wanted something that wasn't Chuck
- Wall Street Journal to publish first chapter of Harper Lee's 'Go Set A Watchman'
- Will this be Hollywood's biggest box-office year ever?
- See Amy Schumer audition for 'The Real Housewives' of any city
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!