The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Animal Planet has greenlit a new series based on Oscar-winning documentary The Cove. Like the film, the series will star animal activist Ric O’Barry – seen on last night’s Oscar telecast holding up a sign asking viewers to text a number for more info during the filmmaking team’s acceptance speech – and continue the exploration of the dolphin fishing trade in Japan. Animal Planet hopes to debut the series in the fall, after premiering the documentary this summer.
Posted March 8 2010 — 7:50 PM EST
- Facebook is testing out 'Reactions': 'Love,' 'Sad,' 'Angry' and more join 'Like'
- Robert Kirkman jokes about when 'The Walking Dead' will end
- Box office preview: 'The Martian' to best 'Pan,' 'The Walk'
- Starz acquires rights to Jason Bateman's 'The Family Fang'
- Eminem pays tribute to Tupac in essay: 'He was a superstar in every aspect of the word'
- Ciara shares spooky cover of Rolling Stones' 'Paint It Black'
- Toni Collette, Tracy Letts, and Sam Trammell join Daniel Radcliffe thriller 'Imperium'