The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Animal Planet has greenlit a new series based on Oscar-winning documentary The Cove. Like the film, the series will star animal activist Ric O’Barry – seen on last night’s Oscar telecast holding up a sign asking viewers to text a number for more info during the filmmaking team’s acceptance speech – and continue the exploration of the dolphin fishing trade in Japan. Animal Planet hopes to debut the series in the fall, after premiering the documentary this summer.
Posted March 8 2010 — 7:50 PM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!