The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Animal Planet has greenlit a new series based on Oscar-winning documentary The Cove. Like the film, the series will star animal activist Ric O’Barry – seen on last night’s Oscar telecast holding up a sign asking viewers to text a number for more info during the filmmaking team’s acceptance speech – and continue the exploration of the dolphin fishing trade in Japan. Animal Planet hopes to debut the series in the fall, after premiering the documentary this summer.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!