The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Animal Planet has greenlit a new series based on Oscar-winning documentary The Cove. Like the film, the series will star animal activist Ric O’Barry – seen on last night’s Oscar telecast holding up a sign asking viewers to text a number for more info during the filmmaking team’s acceptance speech – and continue the exploration of the dolphin fishing trade in Japan. Animal Planet hopes to debut the series in the fall, after premiering the documentary this summer.
Posted March 8 2010 — 7:50 PM EST
- Ellie Goulding and James Corden sing 'Love Me Like You Do' in 8 music styles
- How and why the 'Creed' team resurrected the 'Rocky' theme song
- Spike Lee is 'glad' the Laquan McDonald video was released
- Chris Evans & RDJ discuss the struggles of filming 'Civil War' in 'Hotlanta'
- The Knocks share 10 songs they love from women in pop
- Krysten Ritter discusses spoiler politics (while spoiling 'Homeland')
- Charli XCX made a documentary about being a woman in the music industry