Spartacus: Blood and Sand star Andy Whitfield has been diagnosed with treatable Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, according to Starz Entertainment. The actor, who plays the title character, is beginning treatment immediately in New Zealand. “I’m receiving excellent care, and am feeling strong, positive and determined with an army of support behind me,” Whitfield said in a release. Because of the actor’s treatment schedule, shooting on the second season of the Starz Original series will be postponed.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!