Spartacus: Blood and Sand star Andy Whitfield has been diagnosed with treatable Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, according to Starz Entertainment. The actor, who plays the title character, is beginning treatment immediately in New Zealand. “I’m receiving excellent care, and am feeling strong, positive and determined with an army of support behind me,” Whitfield said in a release. Because of the actor’s treatment schedule, shooting on the second season of the Starz Original series will be postponed.
Posted March 9 2010 — 4:17 AM EST
- 'Mario Kart 8' TV special coming to Disney XD
- CBS midseason dates: Here's when 'Survivor' returns
- 'The Walking Dead' boss answers midseason finale (and prologue) burning questions
- J.J. Abrams discusses Leia's transition from princess to general
- Damon Lindelof: Hiding Khan's identity in 'Star Trek' was a 'mistake'
- The 'Great British Baking Show' team tries (again) to make American TV nicer
- 'Star Wars Rebels' will return for a third season