Spartacus: Blood and Sand star Andy Whitfield has been diagnosed with treatable Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, according to Starz Entertainment. The actor, who plays the title character, is beginning treatment immediately in New Zealand. “I’m receiving excellent care, and am feeling strong, positive and determined with an army of support behind me,” Whitfield said in a release. Because of the actor’s treatment schedule, shooting on the second season of the Starz Original series will be postponed.
Posted March 9 2010 — 4:17 AM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'