Spartacus: Blood and Sand star Andy Whitfield has been diagnosed with treatable Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, according to Starz Entertainment. The actor, who plays the title character, is beginning treatment immediately in New Zealand. “I’m receiving excellent care, and am feeling strong, positive and determined with an army of support behind me,” Whitfield said in a release. Because of the actor’s treatment schedule, shooting on the second season of the Starz Original series will be postponed.
Posted March 9 2010 — 4:17 AM EST
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!