Spartacus: Blood and Sand star Andy Whitfield has been diagnosed with treatable Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, according to Starz Entertainment. The actor, who plays the title character, is beginning treatment immediately in New Zealand. “I’m receiving excellent care, and am feeling strong, positive and determined with an army of support behind me,” Whitfield said in a release. Because of the actor’s treatment schedule, shooting on the second season of the Starz Original series will be postponed.
Posted March 9 2010 — 4:17 AM EST
- 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' debuts music video for 'Sexy Getting Ready Song'
- A&E's new Halloween show is your worst nightmare brought to life
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner on the 'badass yacht' and 'seabound refugees' waiting in season 2
- Paul Walker Foundation honors marine conservationists
- Taylor Swift's 'Wildest Dreams' video hits a major milestone
- Lauren Graham dishes on the biggest surprise of 'Gilmore Girls'
- Jon Voight joins 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'