Actress Lindsay Lohan has filed a lawsuit against E*Trade for $100 million, according to Reuters. In papers filed in Monday in Nassau County, New York, the Mean Girls star claims that one of the online brokerage’s recent TV ads featuring a ditzy, “milkaholic” baby girl named Lindsay is modeled after her and improperly invoked her “likeness, name, characterization, and personality” without permission, violating her right to privacy. Lohan is suing for $50 million in compensatory damages and an additional $50 million in exemplary damages. She also demanded that E*Trade stop running the ad. Calls for comment to lawyers on both sides have not been returned. The ad, which aired during the Super Bowl on Feb. 7, is part of a campaign featuring smart-aleck toddlers who play the market. In 2007, Lohan was ordered to spend a day in jail, undergo an alcohol education program, and spend three years on probation after admitting to drunk driving and cocaine possession. Still, the ad—and the lawsuit—has already gotten people talking. In the fourth hour of Today this morning, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb addressed the controversy. (Read Mandi Bierly’s take on the hour here.)
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!