Years before he gave ?us The Blind Side, Michael ?Lewis wrote one of the defining financial books of the 1980s, Liar’s Poker, a riveting account of the heady bond-trading years at Salomon Brothers. His latest offering is an account of the subprime ?mortgage meltdown and origins of the global recession. The Big Short doesn’t seem to be as nicely sourced as Poker, but its narrative has the same seat-of-your-pants, almost breathless feel. Still, the bottom line is that this is not the first book on ?the hot-button topic, and it’s not ?the best, either. That honor goes to John Lanchester for his witty, elegant primer I.O.U. B
The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday MachineYears before he gave ?us The Blind Side, Michael ?Lewis wrote one of the defining financial books of the 1980s, Liar's Poker, a riveting...The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday MachineNonfictionMichael LewisYears before he gave ?us The Blind Side, Michael ?Lewis wrote one of the defining financial books of the 1980s, Liar's Poker, a riveting...2010-03-10W.W. Norton
The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Michael Lewis; Publisher: W.W. Norton
Posted March 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- Keith Richards disses hip-hop, heavy metal in new interview
- Justin Bieber sets Spotify record with 'What Do You Mean?'
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!