It’s a toss-up as to what’s the worse sin in this graceless piece of tragedy porn: building a lurid drama around the fictional abduction and death of two little boys 50 years apart, or encouraging viewers to luxuriate in the handsomeness of the two actors who play the boys’ weeping and wailing fathers in scenes of high phoniness. In Stolen, Jon Hamm (not yet famous as Jon Hamm? from?Mad Men when he signed on) is an obsessed cop (he couldn’t protect his boy!) who ignores his grieving wife; Josh Lucas gets to look good in a hat as 1950s Sad Dad, a widowed working stiff. D?
IF LOOKS COULD KILL Jon Hamm plays an obsessed cop in Stolen. (Jessica Brooks)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jon Hamm, Josh Lucas; Director: Anders Anderson; Author: Glenn Taranto; Release Date Wide: 03/12/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 87
Posted March 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy