It’s a toss-up as to what’s the worse sin in this graceless piece of tragedy porn: building a lurid drama around the fictional abduction and death of two little boys 50 years apart, or encouraging viewers to luxuriate in the handsomeness of the two actors who play the boys’ weeping and wailing fathers in scenes of high phoniness. In Stolen, Jon Hamm (not yet famous as Jon Hamm? from?Mad Men when he signed on) is an obsessed cop (he couldn’t protect his boy!) who ignores his grieving wife; Josh Lucas gets to look good in a hat as 1950s Sad Dad, a widowed working stiff. D?
IF LOOKS COULD KILL Jon Hamm plays an obsessed cop in Stolen. (Jessica Brooks)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jon Hamm, Josh Lucas; Director: Anders Anderson; Author: Glenn Taranto; Release Date Wide: 03/12/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 87
Posted March 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival
- The most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'The Big Reveal'
- Felicity Huffman's 'House of Moore' gets put pilot deal at ABC
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are having a baby
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere ratings high, but not as high as 'Freak Show'