It’s a toss-up as to what’s the worse sin in this graceless piece of tragedy porn: building a lurid drama around the fictional abduction and death of two little boys 50 years apart, or encouraging viewers to luxuriate in the handsomeness of the two actors who play the boys’ weeping and wailing fathers in scenes of high phoniness. In Stolen, Jon Hamm (not yet famous as Jon Hamm? from?Mad Men when he signed on) is an obsessed cop (he couldn’t protect his boy!) who ignores his grieving wife; Josh Lucas gets to look good in a hat as 1950s Sad Dad, a widowed working stiff. D?
IF LOOKS COULD KILL Jon Hamm plays an obsessed cop in Stolen. (Jessica Brooks)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jon Hamm, Josh Lucas; Director: Anders Anderson; Author: Glenn Taranto; Release Date Wide: 03/12/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 87
Posted March 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Marie Lu's 'The Midnight Star'
- WATCH: Jennifer Esposito and Wilmer Valderrama debut on 'NCIS'
- MTV VMAs producer: Rihanna to deliver 'holy crap VMA moment'
- Alan Tudyk, Nathan Fillion unveil 'Con Man: The Game' in exclusive trailer
- 'Trick 'r Treat' character Sam to become Halloween digital decoration
- Elton John, Britney Spears, more to headline Apple Music Festival
- David Crosby releases 'The City,' a musical ode to New York