Animal Planet announced today that Mike Tyson has been tapped to star in a show about the sport of pigeon racing. The show is currently titled Taking on Tyson and is slated to start filming this spring. The ex-boxer has raised pigeons all his life. “I’m honored to be a part of this monumental show,” Tyson was quoted as saying. “I feel a great pride acting as an official representative for all the pigeon fanciers out there. I want people to see why we love these birds.”
Posted March 15 2010 — 6:29 PM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!