The Pacific, the latest Steven Spielberg-Tom Hanks WWII epic miniseries, raked in 3.1 million viewers Sunday night for its premiere episode, the first of 10. While that’s better than the premiere of HBO’s previous effort John Adams, the miniseries likely amassed a smaller army of watchers than its European-theater predecessor Band of Brothers, the Los Angeles Times reports. Ratings aren’t as crucial for a channel like HBO with no advertising, which hopes to use the $200 million dollar project as both a flagship of quality and a boost to expanding its subscriber base.
Posted March 16 2010 — 5:22 PM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big