The Associated Press reports a Yuma County Superior Court judge in Arizona issued a bench warrant for Lil Wayne after the rapper failed to show up in court for a trial management conference. An attorney for Lil Wayne said the rapper could not attend, since he began a one-year jail sentence in New York on March 8. (Lil Wayne is serving time for having a loaded gun on his person on a tour bus.) Lil Wayne is facing drug and weapons charges in Yuma County after he was arrested in January 2008 when authorities found cocaine, Ecstasy, and a handgun on his bus.
Posted March 17 2010 — 2:47 PM EDT
- Donald Trump is TIME's Person of the Year
- Ryan Adams announces new album and releases first song
- Donald Trump explains 'SNL' hate: 'It's a terrible show'
- Hold onto your suitcase! Unlocking 'Fantastic Beasts' theories
- What to Watch Wednesday: 'Shut Eye' debuts on Hulu
- Chris Pratt and Jimmy Fallon do a Christmas-themed Mad Libs
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans