Having deserted the dozy comedown of 2008’s muted Seventh Tree, U.K. duo Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory return to the dance floor with nine tracks of glitter-strewn glam pop. Head First sounds as if they’ve been commissioned ?to paint the inside of Olivia Newton-John’s mind, circa 1980: all strobe-lit synths, feathery vocals, and goofy synonyms for sex. Only “Shiny and Warm,” a dark-disco burner, recalls the sootier allure of their early stuff; otherwise, ?this is pure Xanadu camp. B
Posted March 17 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- Kanye West teases 'Only One' video on 'Ellen'
- Discovery expands Shark Week to biggest event yet -- exclusive
- First Look: Jamie Dornan in 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Do you need to watch 'Breaking Bad' before 'Better Call Saul'?
- Watch the 'Mean Girls' iOS video game trailer -- exclusive